Over the past several years, the inequities in communities have become evident in cities across the globe, especially in urban areas. The City of Peachtree Corners, along with its many partners, are working fervently to ensure they’re implementing policies, strategies and innovative technology to bridge that gap as much, and as quickly, as possible.
With support from the Curiosity Lab, the city continues to bring in businesses and startups from around the world into the Silicon Orchard and deploy emerging technologies to help shrink the digital divide – attracting interest from every corner to see our smart city in action.
Silicon Orchard Continues to Spark Global Interest
Last month, the Consular Corps joined the City of Peachtree Corners and the Curiosity Lab for a luncheon in coordination with Georgia Department of Economic Development and Partnership Gwinnett. During the luncheon, guests heard from Seth Yurman, Assistant City Manager, to learn more about our smart city, our economic development story and how we are addressing urban challenges.
Pat Wilson, Georgia Department of Economic Development Commissioner, and Andrew Carnes, Partnership Gwinnett Vice President of Economic Development, provided valuable insights to guests as well as adding additional color to the Peachtree Corners and Gwinnett County story.
- Aadu Allpere – Honorary Consul of Estonia
- Edward Archer – Vice Consul-Investments, The Bahamas Consulate General Atlanta
- Cynthia Blandford – Honorary Consul of Liberia
- Telma Borrayo – Consul General of Guatemala
- Urs Broennimann – Consul General of Switzerland
- Filiberto Calascibetta – Honorary Consul of Italy
- Kevin Casebier – Honorary Consul of Latvia
- Billy Chung – Consular Officer, Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Atlanta
- Anne-Laure Desjonqueres – Consul General of France
- Ambassador Javier Diaz – Consul General of Mexico
- Theodoros Dimopoulos – Consul of Greece
- Ray Donato – Honorary Consul of the Philippines
- Hernando Galindo – Trade Representative, Colombian Government Trade Bureau
- Michel Gerebtzoff – Consul General of Belgium
- Karina Guardia – Consul General of Costa Rica
- Gene Hanratty – Senior Consultant, Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office
- Peter Hasslacher – Trade Commissioner, Advantage Austria
- Doug Heckman – Honorary Consul of Monaco
- Matthias Hoffmann – President, German American Chamber
- Marva Jacobs – Honorary Consul of Guyana
- Karen Jones – Director of Government Affairs, Consulate General of Israel
- Roma Klicius – Honorary Consul, Honorary Consulate of the Republic of Lithuania
- Zaineb Kubba – Consul & Trade Commissioner, Consulate General of Canada
- Swati Kulkarni – Consul General of India
- Katherine Lafourcade – Executive Director, French American Chamber of Commerce
- Melanie Moltmann – Consul General of Germany
- Juan Navarro – Consul General of Argentina
- Eimear Nolan – Vice Consul, Consulate General of Ireland
- Tom Rosseland – Honorary Consul, Kingdom of Sweden & Kingdom of Norway
- Kimberly Shulman – Trade Commissioner, Swiss Business Hub USA
- Amina Smaila – Consul General of Nigeria
- Kayla Smith Mortimer – Vice Consul Economic and Commercial Affairs, Consulate General of the Bahamas
- Stefan Stantejsky – Deputy Austrian Trade Commissioner, Advantage Austria
- Kazuyuki Takeuchi – Consul General of Japan
- Ambassador Luis Claudio Villafane Santos – Consul General of Brazil
- Monika Vintrlikova – Honorary Consul of the Czech Republic
- David Weiner – Delegate of Quebec, Quebec Government Office
Cross-sector Collaboration is Critical for Bridging the Gap
Visits like this are critical for our city to showcase how smart cities can be successfully implemented throughout the world. Throughout these tours, our team is able to highlight how the City of Peachtree Corners utilizes our Technology Park to test and deploy innovative tech and how the city strategically partners with both the public and private sector to implement and deploy impactful solutions.
The City of Peachtree Corners is essentially creating a blueprint for other cities to build their smart city foundation from, and sharing how they can bring these learnings back to their home countries to leverage innovation and, ultimately, improve day-to-day lives.
Join Us in the Silicon Orchard
If your company, city or country is interested in learning more about the Curiosity Lab or our International Launch pad, visit our website for more details or to contact us. We look forward to assisting your business in deploying innovative technology, building connections and bringing more awareness to the benefits of our smart city ecosystem.