Where does new, innovative technology go to be tested in a real-world environment? Curiosity Lab at Peachtree Corners is a living laboratory for the latest technology graduating from closed courses and settings.
The Lab includes a 5G-enabled 3 mile autonomous vehicle test track and smart city laboratory within an existing 500-acre technology park where thousands of people and vehicles interact with the track and its technology every day.
Testing Infrastructure is open to all technology companies from early stage startups to Fortune 500.
There is no cost to test .
Curious about testing?
Tell us in 140 characters or less what infrastructure is of interest and why. email@example.com
Testing provides access to the following technologies and locations:
- 5G Wireless Environment – Powered by T-Mobile, 5G will be available to all companies testing or demonstrating on the track. Companies looking to integrate with 5G will have access to subject matter experts from T-Mobile to assist them with integration into a 5G wireless environment.
- Autonomous Test Vehicle (Level-3) – Ford Edge Open-source platform with historical data for collaboration unlike anywhere else in the country. Custom mounting system with universal mounting points for autonomous hardware.
- AV-Test Lane – Dedicated AV test lane on a 3-mile autonomous track.
- Control Room – Located inside Innovation Center, the laboratory control center will allow companies to view live feed activity from the track and review all data being collected from the IoT devices.
- Cyber 2.0 Security – Provides defense against the spread of cyber-attacks within organizational networks.
- Dedicated Short Range Communication – Four roadside units with Bluetooth and DSRC combined data collection will be available at the Laboratory Operations Center.
- Drone Testing – Drones under 700 feet are welcome to test within the facility.
- Fiber Optic Cable – The track has 1Gig dedicated fiber to support all IoT devices that will be tested or demonstrated.
- Industry Connect – By testing on the track, companies will have connections to industry leaders in fields associated with smart cities, IoT, and mobility.
- Innovation Center – 25,000 ft2 Innovation Center Including Offices, Workshop/Design Lab, Classroom, and Event Space.
- Lidar Solutions – Light detection and ranging is the apex of mapping technology that uses eye-safe laser beams to see the world in 3D, providing machines and computers an accurate representation of the surveyed environment.
- Roadways – The road, sidewalk, and right-of-way are owned by the City. Slight elevation changes, a curving alignment, and tall, mature trees provide a unique testing environment. One section of the track has a 13 percent grade.
- Smart Poles – Smart poles with the capability and availability to hang and test new technologies.
- Traffic Light – A three-way intersection equipped with an intelligent traffic signal.
- Track Mapping – High-definition map of the test track will be available for companies testing and demonstrating on the track.
- Video Surveillance – Video cameras along the corridor will provide surveillance from the Laboratory Operations Center and additional data through IoT software.