This past week various members of the business development team here at the Curiosity Lab headed south to Miami for the Smart City Expo USA conference at Miami Beach Convention Center.
While at the conference, our team, alongside partners Juganu and Smartpoint.io, shared a booth space where they were able to engage with the world’s most innovative government, tech, equity, and infrastructure leaders who are redefining “smart” cities.
The team highlighted various solutions and diverse programs that are focused on future proofing U.S. cities while addressing historic inequities. Through networking, speaking opportunities, and strategic meetings, our team was able to further expand awareness of the Silicon Orchard and showcase how we can be the “walk” in “crawl, walk, run” for their technology development.
Assistant City Manager Speaks to Audience of Industry Experts About Diverse Offerings
Brandon Branham, Assistant Manager and CTO of City of Peachtree Corners, joined a panel of experts to discuss creating a smart city on the edge and fighting the digital divide using emerging technologies. The discussion was moderated by Mark Wheeler, CIO of City of Philadelphia, and featured an impressive group of panelists, including:
- Eric Hornsby, CEO, Smartpoint.IO
- Ashley Turney, Chief Innovation and Experience Officer, City of Reno
- Winston Lazar, CEO, Spread Networks
- Keith Hanson, CTO, City of Shreveport
Event Attendees Get Closeup Experience of Smart City Technologies
The Curiosity Lab shared a booth at the conference with partners Juganu and Smartpoint.io, Both companies have recently partnered with the Curiosity Lab to deploy their solutions into underserved areas of the Silicon Orchard, bringing accessible connectivity and emerging technologies straight to communities in need.
- Juganu enables digital transformation in public spaces. By leveraging the density of lighting infrastructure, Juganu provides a wireless platform with an abundance of applications for a more connected, productive and safe environment, indoors and outdoors, at a fraction of cost and time.
- Smartpoint.io is a data center on the sidewalk – a digital infrastructure platform that enables next-gen computing applications on the network edge.
Innovate in the Silicon Orchard
Local and international companies are partnering with the Curiosity Lab to become part of an innovative community whose focus is aligned in bringing innovative technology to the Silicon Orchard.
If you or someone you know might be interested in joining us, visit curiositylabptc.com.